He completed his technical schooling at Gurunanak Dev University, Punjab in 2010. With more than 10 years of experience in the field of technology, he considers himself to be a reliable technology partner.
He started Softuvo in 2016 with the vision to provide a seamless web and mobile services to clients across the globe.
His aim is to capture all the emerging opportunities in the fastest-growing world and provide their clients with robust solutions.
He positively believes that there is a lot to explore in the world of technology, we just have to grab the right opportunity at the right time.
Below, you can see the full Q&A and learn more about Shanky Gupta CEO of Softuvo Solutions.
1. Please introduce your company and give a brief about your role within the company?
Softuvo Solutions is one of the leading IT consulting companies in India. The company was formed back in 2016 with a vision to provide productive IT consultation services to clients across the globe.
The company uses innovative and powerful technology to transform startups into great brands.
Softuvo offers end-to-end IT services including – web development, web designing, web app development, mobile app development, and digital marketing.
Sofuvo started with the very motive of assisting clients on how IT can transform their company.
We dwelled on the very concept of sharing the value of IT and fulfilling the requirements of clients across the globe, keeping quality as an integral part of our process.
I am Shanky Gupta, CEO of Softuvo Solutions. I started off with the mission to provide cost-efficient IT solutions to companies across the globe.
With years of expertise in the IT field, I have been well-versed in industry standards. From delivering technical knowledge to boosting the employees, I have been a constant support for the company.
My contribution and valuable inputs are continuously expanding Softuvo’s horizon. Some of my roles and responsibilities include:
- Leading the development of the company’s short- and long-term strategies.
- Drafting and implementing the company’s vision and mission.
- Evaluating the work of other executive leaders within the company, and guiding them to more effective outcomes.
- Keeping a close eye on the competitive market landscape, expansion opportunities, and surging
- Ensuring that the company maintains high social responsibility wherever it does business.
- Monitoring and assessing the risks to the company to ensure they are monitored and minimized on time.
- Setting strategic goals, and managing long-term associations with subordinates as well as clients.
2. What is your ground vision for the future of Softuvo?
We reside in a society that is completely driven by digital technology. We as companies need to have a firm grasp on how to utilize the digital universe to maximize brand awareness and its impact.
My growth path is focused on expanding in the technological world with expertise in the fields of AI, Data Science, ML, Wearable, iBeacon technology, and much more.
The backbone of Softuvo has always been its client, so we plan to retain our existing customers with our services but also allure more clients.
We are keeping ourselves updated with the current technology trends and thereby framing the best solutions. We are ready to meet future needs in the world of development.
3. What was your agency’s biggest struggle? How did you manage to overcome that challenge?
We welcome challenges with an open heart! We have faced many challenges while working. But, thanks to our core knowledge about the industry and a bonafide team, we have been delivering excellence.
Major challenges that we have faced during our company’s growth are:
- Technology is the biggest challenge in this industry. It sometimes gets difficult to match up with the standards, but we don’t stop trying. Our top app developers keep themselves updated with the current technology trends and frame excellent solutions accordingly.
- Well, good employees are an asset to the company. Initially, we faced many challenges in hiring the right resources. But, we soon build a family that works together to deliver the best business solutions.
- Finances play a crucial role in establishing a company. Every business has its good and bad times. Investing in the right resources and technology was a big challenge, but we planned everything in the right direction.
- Surviving your business in tough competition is tough. To stand out among the rest, we have been continuously experimenting with different technologies and techniques. And, our proven results show that we are serving best to our clients.
Establishing a business is not an overnight game, there is a lot of expertise and skills required to get the desired results.
To overcome the challenges, we do strategic planning and analyze the client’s goals. It helps us work in the right direction and get successful results.
4. What makes you different from other agencies?
We put our hearts into our work! With out-of-the-box thinking, we curate apps that get countless downloads on the app store.
Our agile app development process focuses on the client’s requirements. From strategic planning to app design, development, and post-maintenance services, we keep client satisfaction as our top priority. And, we feel proud of delivering successful custom-centric apps that bring revolution to business.
What makes us stand apart from the crowd?
- Strategic App development approach.
- Customized mobile app solutions for enterprises.
- Cross-platform mobile application development.
- Unique corporate IT solutions based on innovation.
- Expert smartphone widget developers equipped with the latest software and techniques.
- Last but not least, specialized in social networking app development for every mobile-based platform.
5. What does a day in the life of a CEO look like?
To be honest, ‘Every day is different.’ The fact is that the role of a CEO is difficult yet fulfilling and rewarding.
I have a team of over 60+ employees; followed by dedicated partners and customers. My professional life revolves around working in the best interest of the stakeholders of my company.
I like to start my day with a cup of green tea, then do some exercise or go for a morning walk. I usually read newspapers while eating breakfast to stay up to date on all the latest trends and news.
Then I try to prioritize my day by focusing on the tasks that require my immediate attention.
There is always a time crunch to complete all of the tasks because my approval and opinions are required in so many different departments, but the work gets done with motivated teams and resources. But, apart from that, I have a personal life and a beautiful family to look after.
6. Can you tell us about your personal journey? How did you become the CEO of a successful Software Development Agency?
Being tech-savvy, I have always been inclined to explore the world of technology. And, that is how I started my career in the IT sector.
I started Softuvo to be the technology leader serving clients across the globe. We explored the field of emerging technologies like – Wearables, Bots Development, IoT Development, Ibeacon development, Hybrid Development, and more. We dealt with diverse client needs regularly and helped them achieve their business goals.
7. How do you balance your personal and work life as a leader?
In the tech industry, I believe the terms “work-life balance” and “work-life integration” are overused.
I prefer the term “work-life awareness”. The point is to be aware of how your work and personal lives overlap and integrate, as well as when they need to be separated.
There is no way to predict everything that life will throw at you. While some days can be busy at work, the other days may evolve around prioritizing your personal life, that’s how the cycle goes.
8. Who has been an inspiration to you in your life and why?
One of the inspiring quotes I abide by in my life is the one by Steve Jobs that says, “If you keep your eye on the profit, you’re going to skimp on the product. But if you focus on making really great products, then the profits will follow.”
9. How diverse is your team? Do you believe agencies should take further actions to diversify their teams?
At Softuvo, we believe in the power of Differences and the Change we can make, when we decide to come Together, United by values and purposes shared together!
Therefore we strive to create a company where equality and inclusion are available for all, where respect and diversity are considered the foundation of Our Culture, and where the opportunity to learn, grow and succeed, is always in season for everyone!
We continuously work towards building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our clients and partners from all across the world on a single platform.
Companies must take proper actions to diversify the teams and give chances to those who deserve them, regardless of their gender, caste, community, and sexual orientation.
After all, a person should be recognized on the basis of their abilities, talent, and intellectual capabilities and not on the physiological construct they withhold.
10. How do you assess the role of research agencies like Companies Dekho in bridging the gap between clients and service providers?
The role of research agencies is crucial. Agencies like – CompaniesDekho are a great medium for clients to find the best service providers to cater to their business requirements.
The prospective clients can get all the required information about a company with details like services provided, reviews, ratings, and other details.
11. Considering the industry dynamics, do you think it’s more challenging for women to become leaders in the IT Industry ecosystem? Why/why not?
Well, the fact is that climbing the career ladder in IT is not an easy feat. Despite numerous challenges, women leaders continue to break down barriers and smash through glass ceilings.
Furthermore, in recent years, many software development companies in the world have demonstrated a strong commitment to gender diversity and inclusion.
There are various female tech leaders who are changing the landscape and encouraging women to join the industry and rule it.
12. Have you ever failed in your initiatives? What have you learned from your failures?
From failure, we learn resiliency. It’s hard to not learn how to build resilience after a failure, especially if you’re determined to overcome failure.
Our failures teach us more than our successes. Not only do we learn what doesn’t work so that we can improve our future attempts, but we also learn about ourselves and gain empathy for others who may be struggling as well.
13. What is the best decision you’ve ever made?
Stepping into the world of IT and investing in building my company Softuvo was the best decision that I made in life.
I always wanted to do something big in the field of IT and with Softuvo I am trying to take steps to fulfill my big business dream.
14. What stimulated your ideas to start a new business venture or to bring significant changes in an existing business/workplace?
My path to growth is focused on expanding in the technological world with expertise in the fields of AI, Data Science, ML, Wearable, iBeacon technology, and much more.
The backbone of Softuvo has always been its client, so we plan to retain our existing customers with our services but also allure more clients.
15. What effective strategies you have implemented/initiatives you have taken to achieve success?
For me, success was not the only goal. My focal point always revolved around the development of quality products and the satisfaction of my client’s requirements.
The key attributes that shaped my successful career are sheer dedication, confidence in my potential, transparency, and a personalized approach toward my clients.
16. How do you define success? What is your take on the ways to achieve long-term success?
I define success as achieving a combination of company and personal objectives while also assisting my team in doing so.
I believe that effective goals motivate us to push ourselves and grow, and that meeting such goals not only benefits the company by meeting its objectives but also makes us more effective employees who can contribute to even greater growth in the future.
As a leader, I want my team to believe they are capable of achieving their goals as well as the company’s, so I make it a priority to personally assist them in meeting individualized milestones.
The reason behind the company’s long-standing success is quality assurance, teamwork, and transparency along with a personalized approach so that our clients always turn up to us for their product requirements and feel one with us.
17. As a CEO, can you please share some interesting stories, experiences, and projects that you are proud of?
As we work with a personalized approach with our clients, we establish cordial relationships with them which make both of us feel like one family and at home while working with each other.
This special bond which is a unique blend of professionalism and personal relation that we share stimulates our clients to visit us from all over the world and share their few days with us as a family.
Softuvo has successfully delivered hundreds of projects throughout the years. One recent successful project is Zero Cater. Check out the case study to find out how the team worked on the project.
18. What do you think are the biggest challenges your industry will face in the next 5 years?
Well, there are many challenges in the outsourcing industry. Outsourcing is a cost-efficient strategy that helps clients get work done at a reasonable price.
As an IT outsourcing company, we meet clients with different sets of business requirements regularly.
Clients expect us to provide tailored services at cost-efficient rates and we look forward to serving them with the best.
From understanding the client’s requirements to allocating the right resources for the job, Softuvo stays uptight to handle all the challenges of the outsourcing industry.
19. What kind of payment structure do you follow to bill your clients? Is it Pay per Feature, Fixed Cost, or pay per Milestone (could be in phases, months, versions, etc.)
Well, deciding the cost of the project depends on several factors such as – client goals, deliverables, and more.
We always make a point to make a detailed conversation with the client so we can help in achieving their business goals in the right way.
Client satisfaction is always our priority, so suggest the best model and related options as per their goals.
20. What is your company’s business model–in-house team or third-party vendors/ outsourcing?
Softuvo has an in-house team of more than 60+ talented employees who hold extensive experience in the field of technology and keep themselves updated with all the latest tech trends.
What differentiates us from all those running in the race is the deliverance of a quality product with the utmost transparency.
We don’t believe in just selling our services to the clients, but guiding them through the whole process of development and inculcating the ones that are really needed by their project to make them work better.
We do not end our process on this, we make it a point that we offer after-development support and maintenance so that our clients do not bother themselves with any problems.